Thursday, May 23, 2013

Saving Face

Recently, my skin went through a really bad patch. The power of bad skin is unbelievable, some days I just didn't want to leave the house. You may think that's shallow but its the sad truth! I have combination skin, which is so pale it is prone to blotchiness. This also means that a mark often remains on my skin even after spots have been and gone.

I always thought of skincare as the boring, dull side of make up but it's hard to paint a canvas that is spotty, blotchy and just downright miserable! Cue new skincare routine.


  • I have heard many good things about the Eliabeth Arden Visible Difference range and I have to agree. This cleanser (for combination skin) is brilliant. It contains little scrubby bits (technical, I know) which gently exfoliate the skin. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of the packaging as I had to put it into another container. It originally came in a handy squeezy tube. A definite holy grail product which I will repurchase.
  • The moisturiser in this range is nice and hydrating. However, I find it can sometimes leave me shiny. I like it but I probably wouldn't buy it again as I'm on the quest for the perfect moisturiser!
  • La Roche Posay's Effaclar Duo  is also a major skin saver. I've posted about it here, you need this in your life!
  • I recieved a sample of Clinique All About Eyes from the beauty hoarder that is my grandmother. At 22 I probably don't need this per se, but I enjoy using it and I think it reduces the dark circles caused by the occasional late night!
    • A mask I really love is Soap and Glory's the Fab Pore mask. It really does what it says on the tin. My pores are less noticeable and my skin looks clearer and brighter. I use it about once a week for 15 minutes.
    • I use  The Body Shop Seaweed Toner  in varying amounts. It isn't a HG product really but it's useful to have around. I use it to refresh my skin on no make up days. It's a nice toner not drying and clarifying. 

    This really isn't anything new but water is vital. Yes, it's boring and yes, I'd much rather drink something else ( like a cocktail)  but it's so good for the skin! I'm drinking at least a pint a day now and it really does help.
    I hope this was interesting , I know I'm always nosy about other people's skin care routines! What are your favourite skincare products? 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment