Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Something for a rainy day

Ever since I bought my first Mac lipstick I have been in love. (It was Chatterbox fyi.) The colours, various finishes and the delicious scent of vanilla lure me in time and time again.

Unsurprisingly, when I was browsing the House of Fraser website on a dull and dreary April day and found that MAC lippies were £14.50 each (17.23 euro) I did what any sunshine-deprived, bored, procrastinating girl would. I bought three.


L-R Lady Danger, Fan fare , Blankety

These lipsticks were purchases I had been mulling over for a long time and this particularly rainy day tipped me over the edge! Anyway, less justifying, more swatches :)

L-R Landy Danger, Fan fare, Blankety

 Lady Danger is a orangey red colour which I have wanted FOREVER. It looks a teeny bit neon at times, as you can see in the picture below, but I think it's perfect for a night out. I usually hate matte formulations but this is bearable for that amazing colour!

Fan fare looks like a 'my lips but better' shade but it was a little more pink than I imagined. This often happens as I have very pigmented lips. It has a very very subtle gold shimmer and is a cremesheen formulation.

Blankety is a nude shade which is a lot less brown on the lips than it looks in the bullet, as seen in the swatch. It leans ever so slightly pinkish on me but it's a gorgeous nude. It is an amplified formulation (my fave) and wears very comfortably.


Fan fare
Blankety


Lady Danger


Which one is your favourite? :)

2 comments:

  1. fan fare is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It reminds me a little of NARS Orgasm in lipstick form :)

    ReplyDelete