Saturday, February 5, 2011

Beauty Haul -Part One

Along with my recent crazy clothes haul I also went crazy in Boots.

 (Why yes, I am a model of self-restraint...)

Here we have Rimmel I love Lasting finish in Cranberry Fizz, 17 lipstick in Flirtini, Prestige Total Intensity eyeliner in Deepest Black, 17 Solo eyeshadow in Regal, 17 trio Starry eyes eyeshadow in Galactic, Maybelline The Falsies effect new Black drama mascara, Boots Botanics Detox brush and Boots cocoa butter.

*Blushes*
I was having a bad day. Exam Blues!

We see a clear divide between need ( body butter, eyeliner, body brush) and want (lipstick, eyeshadows, mascara, nail varnish). In my defence it was 3 for the price of 2 on the 17 things so the lipstick was free. But I digress..

Due to the amount of products and all I have to say on them I think I'm going to split this into two posts.
In this post I will talk about the eye make up: The Prestige eyeliner and the 17 eyeshadows.

1. Prestige Total Intensity eyeliner in Deepest Black
I love this eyeliner. Where has it been all my life?? It really is deepest black as the colour pay off is excellent, better than anything I've used before. It's lovely and creamy too. It smudges well and lasts all day.

The one tiny thing that may be a problem is that it lasts TOO well. It can be a bit dificult to remove. However when I used my proper No.7 eye make up remover as opposed to the cheapy one I usually use at college it was fine to remove so this may have been the eye make up remover I was using rather than the eyeliner. At least you know it won't budge easily unlike some other eyeliners I have used *cough cough* Essence, I'm looking at you! 
I will definitely repurchase. And possibly buy the lovely navy version i saw yesterday in Boots.. ahem, when I'm not so broke =D

2. 17 Solo eyeshadow in Regal
It was the colour that really drew me to this product unfortunetly you can't see it very well in the above picture!! I love doing a dark smoky eye for nights out but I'm getting a little predictable with my trusty grey and black shades so I thought this would be a different take on it.
Its a midnight blue shade with some shimmer but it's not excessive. I have to say it is an absolutely fabulous colour, it looks dark from far away but closer up you can see the lovely midnight blue shade. I would recommend you put this shadow on before make-up though because there is quite a lot of fall-out on application. A lick of primer (I use Urban Decay Primer Potion) ensures it stays perfectly on your lids. Love it!

3. 17 trio Starry eyes eyeshadow in Galactic
I was really excited about this product. I have hazel eyes and green is supposed to make them 'pop'. I much rather focusing on my eyes than my lips so this sounded good to me!
The trio contains 3 shimmery colours; a sort of gold champagne colour, a sage green colour and a fabulous deep emerald green. In the container they look very cool together. However on the eyelid, not so much. The first two shades seemed very similar to me when applied, in fact I thought they looked the same. when I applied the third colour, emerald green I thought that the three colours didnt really go well together. The emerald green looked far too dark with the two lighter colours.
I was disappointed that the colours didnt go better together but they are still perfectly nice shades. The first two I think I'll use as daytime shadows and the intersting emerald green I'll probably use as a twist on the smoky eye look.

Part two coming soon!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment