Thursday, February 17, 2011

Beauty Haul- Part Two

Okay I'm finally getting around to the second half of this post.. Apologies! My camera has been sick but I think it's well enough to get back to work now ;-)

In this half I'm reviewing the body butter, 17 mirror shine lipstick in Flirtini, Rimmel nail Varnish in Cranberry Fizz and Maybelline the Falsies Volum' Express mascara in Black Drama.

1)  Boots Extracts Cocoa butter body butter.
I bought a really tiny tub of this cos I'm pretty choosy regarding body butter/ moisturisers and I wanted to check it out. I hate if they take ages to soak in or feel sticky so this tub was great as a tester. It was 3.49 euro. It's also fair trade product which is great.
I LOVED this.
It smelled great. A little bit chocolate-y maybe? It also did its job perfectly, moisturing really well without leaving that horrible sticky feeling and it dried in really quickly. My skin felt lovely and soft all day! I would definitely repurchase this.. just in a bigger tub! The bigger tub is about 11 euro I think.

2) 17 Mirror Shine Lipstick in Flirtini
This is a deep pink colour.To be honest, I normally find lipsticks too drying on my lips.
But I figured if it was shiny like 17 claimed, it should have some sort of moisturising elements... which I'm very happy to report it does.


With flash - gives the best idea of the colour


Without flash

With flash


And finally, on the lips!

As you can hopefully see in the swatches above it's quite sheer but still gives a lovely colour and a glossy finish. I really like this shade and I think it's suitable for day or night.

3) Rimmel Lasting finish nail varnish in Cranberry Fizz
The colour immediately drew me to this.. It's exactly as the name describes a cranberry pinky-red colour.


It looks red here but believe me it's more of a pinky red! The daylight was gone when I took this picture.
It looks gorgeous on! It needed about 2 coats to be opaque and it was really shiny.
Regarding lasting finish, well I put on a base coat and its lasted a day and a bit so far with no chipping!

4) Maybelline the Falsies Volum' Express mascara in Black Drama
I already had the normal Maybelline the Falsies mascara but I saw this which claimed to be  darker, hence the Black Drama title .
and eh....
It was on offer, chaper than my normal Maybelline the Falsies mascara and I am a broke college student so...

 It was about 11 euro or so at the time I believe but I don't think this offer is on anymore



Spoon shaped brush

My lashes without mascara.

My lashes with two coats of this mascara

It's a bit odd trying to take pictures of your own eye isn't it?
Anyway,I have to say I was really disappointed with this mascara. After loving the original Maybelline the Falsies Volum' Express, this new Black Drama was a complete let down. It left mascara clumps in my lashes, stuck them together and they felt weighed down.. Not good!

*Shakes fist in anger at Maybelline lying to me and making me spend 11 euro on bad mascara*

Back to my other mascara I go..

No comments:

Post a Comment