Monday, February 14, 2011

Fashion Update

Okay so after my post-Christmas spending splurge I am a little pretty broke.

Unfortunetly Febuary is the month that all my friends seem to be turning 21 and March is my bithday (yay), along with Rag week in college (double yay) and  *cue trumpets* my best friend's homecoming.
Wow March is looking pretty great.

This isn't really unfortunate but fashion-wise it is disastrous.. I mean what am I gonna wear?? I know I sound like a girl, in a bad damsel-in-distress way. But many parties/gatherings that all the same people will be attending in a relatively short space of time... plus no money... You do the fashion maths.

So I'm hoping to transform my day time clothes into more going out/ party wear with the help of a few accessories. The first thing I bought is something I've been pondering buying for a looooong time.


Suspender tights.
Tights that look like suspenders essentially. I would love to be able to pull it off in such an awesome rock chick way as the lady above but it just doesn't really go with my style. Plus it's a little cold in Ireland for that. Instead I like to pair it with an interesting skirt that is sort of floaty (as opposed to form fitting) so as I move you get a glimpse of the suspender detail and there isn't TOO much thigh on show.
Mystery and all that!

I bought a pair by Pretty Polly tights in River Island for 10.50 euro but this weekend I also found very similar ones in Pennys for 3.50 euro and bought two pairs, as I have a habit of ripping/laddering all tights within my possession.
 *Sighs at own ineptitude*
 I think they can also be bought over on http://www.asos.com/.

2 comments:

  1. loving the suspender tights trend but cant see myself pulling it off...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha it does seem scary but I find if you wear them with quite girly skirts it looks good! Sort of gives them a bit of an edge or something? And it's not too.. OTT! ;-)

    ReplyDelete