Saturday, February 26, 2011

Bits and bobs..

News, random stuff and things that have amused or interested me this week!
  • I found the dress for my ball! :) I did have an idea of what I was looking for (a deep emerald green dress) but I just fell in love with this one. Also, it's definitely something I'll wear again. I just need to get shoes to go with it and I'm looking for something a little bit different so it could take a while. I'll post a photo of the whole outfit after the ball!
  • It's RAG (Raise and Give) week in my college this week coming, hence I'm super busy this weekend trying to get all my college work out of the way! Haha! In all seriousness though, it's a great way to have fun and raise money for some really worthwhile charities. It's been great fun the last two years so I'm really looking forward to it!
  • A blog that I really enjoy reading is Girl Without a Plan's http://tuesdaynightblog.wordpress.com/ If you haven't seen it before please check it out, it's well worth the read. Especially this post http://tuesdaynightblog.wordpress.com/2011/02/08/dear-world-thank-you-more-please/ which I found particularly inspiring!
  • A song I've been really enjoying this week is Belle and Sebastian's 'I want the world to stop'. I don't love every song by this band (I'm not cool enough for that, I prefer ridiculously bad 70's/80's music haha) but I really liked this one.
  • One of my friends mentioned Irish shoe designer Nina Divito and was shocked and appalled when she learned that I didn't have a clue who she was (I love my shoes, me) and rightly so!! I promptly googled her and her creations look amazing! Have a look for yourself here: http://www.rte.ie/fashion/2010/0203/diviton.html ( I particularly love the one with the rose) and check out her website here: http://ninadivito.com/news/
  • After all this recession doom and gloom, I personally found the last few weeks even more depressing being continually bombarded with election news and political promises, posters everywhere (Even in my house.. ahem) and watching our politicians taking skelps (official term there) out of each other on the tv. However this video gave me a good laugh in the midst of it all!
  • Sunshine! I saw sun this week for the first time in a very long time! And... it was WARM! Not the usual it's-sunny-but-still-the-wind-would-freeze-you-to-death weather we usually see here in Ireland. BRING ON THE SUMMER, I SAY!


Nom!! Because we all know Summer = Ice cream :)

No comments:

Post a Comment