Monday, October 29, 2012

Monday Must Have: Konjac sponge

This is actually my second Konjac sponge so technically this review is a bit late!



The blurb:
Taken from the page on Konjac sponges on beautyemporium.ie :
''Konjac sponges are the softest most gentle yet effective skin cleansing product on the market. Research has even proven in Japan, that Konjac sponges can deeply cleanse without damaging the skin better than any normal wash cloth (or even a sea sponge) that has been designed for washing. The Konjac Sponge Co use nothing other than pure natural products. Pure Konjac, Pure French Clays and Pure Charcoal from Bamboo. No Colouring and No Additives. Just straightforward, biodegradable and healthy plant with the addition of the natural mineral addition of French clay and charcoal in their “added minerals” range of sponges.''

This is the sponge with French Pink Clay for 'tired, devitalized, sensitive skin'. It 'deeply cleanses and freshes' and 'gently exfoliates skin'. When you get it in the post/shop it's hard so you have to allow it to soak up a lot of water until it becomes soft.

My thoughts:
  • I don't cleanse in the morning but I like to give my face a quick wash using this and water.
  • For one reason or another I seem to have to exfoliate quite often (2-3 times a week). I find the konjac sponge lessens the need for that. After a few days use, I see an improvement in the texture of my skin; it's softer, smoother and clearer.
  • My moisturiser sinks into the skin so quickly after using this.
  • I really like the fact that it's a natural product, sometimes chemicals can do more harm than good to sensitive skin. My skin doesn't feel irritated in the slightest by this sponge.

I got mine for 7.95e on beautyemporium.ie who I cannot recommend enough for their speedy delivery!

No comments:

Post a Comment