Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pink in the Afternoon



 As much as I love loud pinks, purples and reds sometimes a more moderate colour is required, whether it's to pair with a smokey eye or simply to be work appropriate.

I find it very difficult to get a nude/light pink to suit me as with my dark hair and pale, pale skin most make me look half dead or like I have concealer lips on.


 I prefer to opt for a peachy pink which adds colour and life to my pale skin without being too in your face, in this case Revlon's Super Lustrous lipstick in 415 Pink in the Afternoon. I adore everything about this lipstick. It's a creme formulation which means it's hydrating enough for my parched lips, the colour suits me to a t and the packaging is super classy. Also the name makes me think of high tea in a fancy hotel or Downton Abbey (can't get enough of that show).

Left Pink in the Afternoon, middle Mac Love Nectar, right Love Nectar layered over Pink in the Afternoon
If I want extra oomph for night time, I simply add a gloss like Mac's Lustreglass in Love Nectar, a sheer peach/pink with gold microglitter. A word of warning though, your hair WILL stick to this. I only ever use it when my hair is safely pinned up and out of my face. The pretty and long lasting combination is worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment